The root directory method
Allowing your redmine instance to take over the entire domain! Here are the steps you will need to continue with this task:
- Make your apps directory where your various redmine versions will be stored
- Uncompress redmine into the apps directory
- Install dependencies
- Create a symlink in /var/www that points to the redmine public directory
- Create a virtual host with the following basic config:
The sub-directory method
When you want to have your Redmine application be hosted under a custom directory and not in the root of your entire domain, use the instructions be below to get started.
Steps to the sub-directory
After configuring the website, continue to configure redmine with these steps
- Modify your /etc/hosts file to access the newly created site
Copy and edit config/database.yml to your needs
Run database migrations
- Generate secret token
- Start up apache and login!